F is for FORGIVENESS
We cannot have eternal life and heaven without God’s forgiveness.—
In Him [meaning Jesus] we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins – Ephesians 1:7a, NKJV.
A is for AVAILABLE
Forgiveness is available. It is —
• Available for All .— For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life – John 3:16, NKJV.
• But Not Automatic —Not everyone who says to Me, “Lord, Lord,” shall enter the kingdom of heaven— Matthew 7:21a, NKJV.
I is for IMPOSSIBLE
It is impossible for God to allow sin into heaven.
• Because of who He is: God is loving and just. His judgment is against sin. —For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy – James 2:13a, NKJV.
• Because of who we are: Every person is a sinner. —For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. – Romans 3:23, NKJV.
But how can a sinful person enter heaven,
when God allows no sin?
T is for TURN
Turn means repent.
• Turn from something-sin and self. —But unless you repent you will all likewise perish – Luke 13:3b, NKJV.
• Turn to Someone: trust Christ only. —If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved – Romans 10:9, NKJV.
H is for HEAVEN
Heaven is eternal life.
• Here —I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly – John 10:10b, NKJV.
• Hereafter —And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also – John 14:3, NKJV.
• How? How can a person have God’s forgiveness, heaven and eternal life, and Jesus as personal Savior and Lord?
By trusting in Christ and asking Him for forgiveness.
Take the step of faith described by another meaning of FAITH:
Forsaking All I Trust Him.
Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner and have displeased You in many ways. I believe You died for my sin and only through faith in Your death and resurrection can I be forgiven. I want to turn from my sin and ask You to come into my life as my Savior and Lord. From this day on, I will follow You by living a life that pleases You. Thank You, Lord Jesus, for saving me. Amen.
After you have received Jesus Christ into your life, tell a Christian friend about the important decision you have made. Follow Christ in believer’s baptism and church membership. Grow in faith and enjoy new friends in Christ by becoming a part of His church and attending the Sunday School class a church has just for you. You’ll find others who will love and support you.
I have just prayed to receive Christ and would like someone to talk to
Copyright © 2012. All Rights Reserved.